Friday, May 10, 2013

Transformers Review: Reveal The Shield Legends Class Optimus Prime

Hey guys!

It's been a while again.. haha!! 

I decided to review my pending Transformers figures since they're easier and faster to do.

This is part 1 of 4 of my Reveal the shield legend class figures. I honestly have no idea what "Reveal The Shield" is... hahaha!! All I know is that they have classic looks and that pretty much grabbed my attention to get these.

I got these figures from a friend I met in a forum, I was so surprised someone is selling these awesome figures MIB! For a pretty decent price and shipping fee I grabbed it with no second thoughts.

As I've said, I'm only sticking to G1 figures, anything related to that timeline. The only movie I'm interested in is DOTM.. I'll talk about that in another review :3

Let's begin with the Autobot Leader Optimus Prime!

Box art: 

Very small and compact. I love the simplicity of these figures.

I love how they show the transformation at the back along with the tech specs. You don't have the info about the figure though. 

Legends class on the side. As you can see this is loose already haha! I pretty much opened the figures before the review. I just returned them to take a picture :3

Unboxing:

Gotta love that compact packaging. He's just being held by a wire. So sad that there's no accessories.

Figure:

Close-up of the figure. You can clearly see the ball joints but trust me, those are tight. Nice molding for a tiny figure. Details are awesome. Less is best for legends class figures.

Back side. The wheels do move except the upper leg ones. He's very sleek in every angle.

Articulation:

It's a small figure so don't expect too much. It's decent and it's better than nothing. There's a waist articulation but that's mainly for the transformation. Too bad there's no knee articualtion.

Transformation:

Push the legs together, it's gonna be held by a peg. Fold the lower body forward.

Rotate the upper body.

Push in the head and fold in the arms.

You now have a tine semi-truck.

I was surprised that they have the logos that change color when you rub them. It brings back nostalgia of old school transformers like beast wars.

Comparisons:

A size comparison with my Henkei Rodimus Prime deluxe class and TF gen. Thunderscracker Legends class. He looks too small, don't you think?

You can view more of Rodimus here:

http://gunmod88.blogspot.com/2013/04/transformers-review-henkei-transformers.html

Size comparison in robot mode. I guess the RTS characters are smaller for some reason. 

View more of Thundercracker here:


A size comparison with my SD RX-78-2.. Surprised that OP is taller XD

View more of RX here:



Verdict:

Detail: 10/10 - For me, this is the best mini version of Optimus Prime. For a small figure, it really captures Optimus' aura and appearance. I love they use G1 colors for this guy. The molded detail is pretty decent. The moving wheels are a nice touch as well :D 

The proportions are nicely done but I find it weird that it's smaller than Thundercracker.

Painting: 10/10 - Like I said, I love how they used the original G1 colors for this figure. All the colors used really bring him to life.

Articulation: 10/10 - It's pretty decent for a small figure. Don't expect too much but you'll still get your moneys worth with this guy. Besides, if you display him in truck mode, why bother right?

Transformation: 10/10 - This figure has a level 1 transformation meaning, you can do it without even looking at the instructions. It's pretty obvious how the parts will move. It's a small figure and you don't need complex transformations. 

Despite it's simplicity, all the parts still feel really sturdy and tough. I just wish the feet fold in though, it's kinda weird that they're sticking out.

Conclusion: 10/10 - An overall awesome figure. I'm really starting to love these legends class figures. I really love how simple they are but still deliver to be an awesome robot figure.

I dunno how many characters are available in the RTS line but if there's more of them, I think I'll get them :3 They really look good as a bunch.

I still gave it a perfect score despite having no accessories because I'm pretty much satisfied with what I got and that's what's important. 

I hope you enjoyed the review! I'll post the next part tomorrow :3 

Oh yeah, Optimus has something to say....


Be an Optimist Prime!

No comments:

Post a Comment