Sunday, May 12, 2013

Transformers Review: Reveal the Shield Legends Class Gold Bumblebee

Here's part 2 of 4 of my RTS figures!

Sorry for the delay, the stress from work got me lazy :/

Anyway, we have Gold Bumblebee cruising in our lane, let's start! Since these 4 figures are from the sine line, I'm not gonna repeat myself on some info haha!! If you haven't seen part 1 yet, click here:

http://gunmod88.blogspot.com/2013/05/transformers-review-reveal-shield.html

Box art:


I still don't get why there's a "Gold" Bumblebee.. Maybe a combination between Goldbug and Bumblebee... If there's a regular version, I might get that as well :3

Simple packaging as usual.

Transformation instructions at the back with his tech specs.

Unboxing:

Everything's held by a wire as usual. I'm really surprised how strong that material is. No accessories as usual but that's ok. You don't really need them and you don't have to worry about losing stuff.

Figure:

I still find the color scheme off, but the longer I look the more it sticks to me. Proportions look decent and his transformation is kinda cool. The arms bother me in a way.. They look like penguin arms. 

Back side, it;s nice that there's no hollow parts, everything is very solid and stiff.

Articulation:

Again, it's a small figure so don't expect fantastic poseability. What you get is pretty much enough and it's rather decent. The legs have a lot of movement, I wish it had knee joints though.

Transformation:

Cover the head with the back panel.

Rotate the arms to align them and push them in.

Connect the feet and bend it towards the body.

You now have a an awesome mini car. Simple transformation but I really love it. Really hides the robot parts well and the car doesn't even look like there's a robot inside. Transformation is really flawless.

Comparison:

Here's a size comparison with the previous figure from part 1. He's little smaller and I mean really little... Like 1% smaller or something. He looks fatter than OP though but Op has more muscles and has better aesthetics.

In vehicle mode, I find it weird that Bumblebee is bigger than OP haha!! They look good together though. I'll look around if there are other autobots in G1 appearances. 

Verdict:

Detail: 10/10 - Once again, the simplicity in a figure brings out the most of it. It's a small figure but it really captures Bumblebee's character. Not much molded detail but that's ok since he's a car. The smooth surface is really nice and it makes him look seamless at some angles.

Overall this guy is very solid and I love how it looks in vehicle mode more than robot mode because it looks like a real car. Moving wheels makes the figure fun :3

Painting: 8/10 - I'm still getting used to the color scheme... They could've made him gold and retain the black limbs. It might look better that way... The bright blue just seems odd to me. But then again, that gold finish really stands out.

Also, I wish the put a plate number or something.. Then again, it's kinda small but it's possible.

Articulation: 9/10 - The arms kinda sucked but the legs make up for it. The legs has more poseability, I just really wish that they included knee joints. Then again it might make the figure too articulate and that might suck. I'm keeping him in car mode though so I guess it's ok.

Transformation: 10/10 - So far, my favorite transformation for cars. The seekers are my favorite but these cars are starting to get my attention as well.

It's so flawless and smooth. I love how it hides the robot parts without making itself bulky.

Conclusion: 9/10 - It's an over all nice figure and a nice representation of Bumblebee in this class. I'd recommend it if you love autobots. Personally, I got this becuase my friend sold it to me as a set.. I was only opting to get Megatron and Starscream but what the heck, I got the 2 autbots as well.. and guess what, I'm not disappointed :3

There's Bumblebee, hope you guys enjoyed the review!


HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment