Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SD G-Gundam Review

It's amazing that I finished him one day haha!! so, here it is, the SD G-Gundam

 

Here's the box art

Side of the box


The manual

The runners you will get. 4 plates, 1 plate for the polycaps and one sheet of foil stickers. Another minor gripe of mine is, why they never include the "King of Hearts" emblem. the NG 1/144 has it.. why not the HG 1/144 and SD.




Here the head part. Before and after detailing. I painted the head vulcans yellow and the rest is panel lining. I used the eyes and the forehead cameras since I don't have the appropriate colors to do them.

Here's the torso. Before and after assembling and detailing. Very unique arm mechanism, it allows more movement :D

Attaching the head to the torso. Lot's of nice color combinations and it doesn't look boring. It won't have the same effect if you skip the detailing. It's more realistic this way :) I painted the white and yellow for the chest vulcans.

Moving one the arms. I love those elbow joints. I wish they never removed them. For the hands, all of them will be molded in clear orange. The good thing is, you can swap them with the MG 1/100 scale and they fit perfectly. I painted those tiny things on the shoulders white since it was molded red. The part covering the shoulders came in white. I also painted the interior of the shoulders gray. You'll see in the other pics. I used the black sticker for the line  the runs along the shoulder.

Upper body complete! 

Here's the waist. I painted the front and back skirts blue since everything was molded in white @_@
I used a sticker for the crotch. Foil stickers always look good in SD scale for some reason.

Oh crap.... I forgot to take a picture of the before and after assembling of the legs @_@

*sigh* let's just move on...

Here's the core fighter. I didn't really bother detailing it since it won't be seen anyway. Might as well explain the legs here. I used a black sticker for the ankle guards and the rest is panel lining. The leg's also have a unique mechanism because it's connected to the side skirts rather than plugged from the waist. It give's it more movement and more posing.

A size comparison with my HGFC 1/144 G-Gundam. He has a mini-me now :)) 

A size comparison with a fellow SD. The Gundam Astray Gold frame.

Moving to the accessories you get. You only get 4 hands. One Shining finger, one pointing, one "peace" hand and the one with a sword. I don't mind if they're all clear orange. They look awesome haha!! You will also get an extra part for the chest. One in closed position and one in opening position. Since it's an SD the opening part kinda hinder the head movement since it's enclosing the chin. 

Now for some posing :D

Using the sword. It looks like the swords is made from the same energy as the shining finger! Similar to the Shining gundam's move. That's why I didn't bother recoloring this since it looks awesome :D There's the gray on the shoulders.


Reminds me of one of his attacks in SD Gundam G-Generation :))

He can do a kick no problem :D

Of course, the one move that never fails. SHINIIIIIIIIING FIIIIIIIINGER!! This is the reason why he is my most overpowered unit in SD Gundam G-Generation :))

Verdict:

Detail: 8/10 Even without painting and settling with the stickers, it would still look awesome. I just wish they include the "kings of hearts" emblem. It's pretty important you know.

Articulation: 10/10 For an SD kit, it's pretty poseable thanks to his unique mechanisms in the arms and legs. The head has a hard time move at times but it's not really noticeable.

Accessories: 9/10 Doesn't really need much since it's a mobile fighter. My only request is that I wish they included the rings that appear when he goes into burst mode. I know no scale has it but I'm sure they could do that in this scale. It's possible if you ask me. 

Parts: 10/10 All the parts are stiff and the seam lines are barely visible! minor painting to do but almost everything is molded in the right color.

Conclusion: 10/10 It's a must buy if you love collecting SD gundams! Even if you're just buying something for the heck of it. It's really worth your money :) I love it more than my SD Wing Gundam Ver ka. hahaha!!

Hope you guys enjoyed the review!






No comments:

Post a Comment