Monday, January 23, 2012

Revoltech Yamaguchi review: Krauser II

WARNING! This review will contain a few profanities. If you are below 16, close this now. WHAT AM I SAYING? READ THIS F*CKING REVIEW AND BUY HIM!

*ahem* that's Krauser-san talking.
anyway...

Finally! I can post this review. Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation the last two days XD I was suppose to bring this and review it there but I realized that I won't have the time to do it.

I bought this figure from one of my favorite hobby stores. The owner ordered it for me :D Very nice of him :D Only cost me p760 hahaha!! one of the cheaper revoltechs since it's very old and "forgotten" according to the owner XD

Info about the series:

Detroit Metal City is a series I'm currently in to. It's about this guy Negishi, who moved to Tokyo from a provincial village because he want's to be famous as a musician. He has the skill's to play the guitar and to write songs. The only problem is no one would acknowledge his uhh... pieces. That's why he he got dragged into this metal band called "Detroit Metal City".

 A very famous metal band in japan. Since this type of genre is the complete opposite of what he likes... He pretty much hates it from time to time. The only thing that keeps him going is he doesn't want to disappoint his fans. So, every gig, he transform into Krauser II. A very different attitude from his usual self. Krauser is very wild and "demonic". He proclaims himself as the Demon king. 

Karuser II is the maine vocalist and Guitarist of DMC. He plays with Jagi-Sama (Bass) and Camus/Kamyu (Drums). I'm still deciding if I'm gonna buy them. 

Here's the Demonic Box art:



It's one of Revoltech's earlier products, as you can see, it's very simple compared to my Gurren Lagann box. Simple and it looks very vintage :D There's still an advertisement for the Live action. If you haven't seen it, WATCH IT NOW!!! or read the manga since it's more complete there.

Unboxing:

Here's what you get, He looks menacing already hahaha!! I removed some of the plastic already. The other accessories are taped at the back. He look very excited to get out of the box. Maybe he want's to rape somebody @_@

Accessories:


Mostly hands (two mic holding hands, 2 grasping hands, one hand holding a pick and one dynamic hand.), one mic, an extra head (a screaming one) and the cape. Those transparent parts are his hands, it makes it look like his playing really fast. Yeah, the head looks disturbing XD

*Time to get him out off the packaging*

So, here's Krauser, standing all demon like. The design is good. It's kinda hard to make him stand without using the display base. despite that.... KRAUSER-SAN IS STILL ALMIGHTY!

Close up on the cape:

The cape is segmented into three parts. This cape's design can either be helpful or a nuisance. The cape is hard to pose at times and it causes Krauser-san to be really back heavy. That's why I resort to using the display base at times to disregard weight issues. 

Now for some posing:

*The following posts will contain profanities. If you're below 16, look away! hahaha!! Who am I kidding... You'll still look no matter what I say*


Krauser-san is inviting you. JOIN OR HE WILL FUCK YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!


OH NO!! KRAUSER-SAN BADLY NEEDS TO RAPE SOMEONE!! 


KRAUSER-SAN! DON'T DESTROY THE LEGENDARY GUITAR!!
He's mad because he can't find somebody to rape D: 
The cape looks good once you pose it correctly \m/


Another good use of the cape. If you positioned them well, you can hide the segments. 
KRAUSER-SAN YOU LOOK SO MAGNIFICENT!


Yes... Stealing is the shortcut to success. 


Who doesn't love tits? 

Time for some demonic guitar playing!!



KRAUSER-SANS 10 RAPES IN 1 SECOND!


HE'S SUMMONING MAD MONSTER!! HIDE YOURSELVES!!


SATSUGAI QUICK KILL VERSION!


Of course Krauser-san has a soft side too. My sister owns that Mikuru Figma

That's all the posing I can think off XD I can't find a character for him to rape hahaha!! 
I can't my sisters figma because she'll kill me if I did XD


Conclusion:

Articulation: 8/10 - Articulation is pretty decent... it's just that they are hard to rotate at times thus posing can be a pain at times. But set that aside, once you get everything in place, you can pretty much pull off a lot of awesome posing

Parts: 6/10 - Although the parts look very detailed, they're very fragile. Like the guitar for instance, If you're not careful, you'll brake that thing because it's very thin. I broke one of the hands because of how it was made. The cape can be loose at times but push it and it will lock most of the time. The legs are the hardest to pose because they're skinny and it hard to find balance when making him stand. That's why I always end up using the display base.  Another thing, the shoulder pads are made from that rubber material and it looks like they would break in the long run.


I broke one of his grasping hands because it's not one of those peg types. The peg was attached already. Since the holes were very tight, this hand kinda got busted while removing it. So yeah, be very careful. I don't think I'll use this hand that often anyway XD I will use some super glue when I feel like it.

Accessories: 8/10 - It was alright. I wish the mic had a stand and the guitar strap was removable. The guitar strap can be a pain sometimes because it's very rubbery. It might break if not handled properly.  I also wished that they included a Negishi head. That would really add some more posing options. 

Detail: 9/10 - Everything was spot on. They really captured his look. It's like he jumped out of the manga. Even his "Kill" symbol on his forehead is very well made. I didn't make it perfect becaue the guitar looks smudgy and rushed. All the colors are bright making him really lively.

Verdict:  8/10 - It was an average figure. Since it was one of revoltechs earliest releases, it tends to have a few flaws. Set that aside, it's a pretty nice figure. Very fun to pose especially if you make stop motion animations. You can put him anywhere and he will always look funny and bizarre hahaha!!
If you love the anime/manga, don't pass this up, even with the flaws, you will enjoy him a lot and your money will be well spent.













No comments:

Post a Comment