Sunday, January 15, 2012

Revelotech Yamaguchi review: Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann

Good Afternoon guys! I present my first Revoltech, Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann! I bought it yesterday from one of my favorite stores in Greenhills for only P1.5k!! so cheap XD that's roughly $35. The moment I saw it, I instantly bought it!!

Gurren Lagann is one of my all time favorite anime shows to date. It's a show that's literally the size of galaxies in terms of awesomeness. I know Kotobukiya made model kits but they don't look that good. I was opting for the Tenggen Toppa Gurren Lagann version but the store doesn't have it on stock. Beside, this version is just beyond awesomenss @_@

So, let's start :D 

*Note: I might overuse the word "awesome"

Here's the awesome box art:


Here's what you get out of the box:

You get the Revoltech stand, a pamphlet for one of their current figures and of course the figure along with it's various accessories :D

Close up:

Here's the Super galaxy Gurren Lagann standing awesomely:

Standing tall, I removed the chest shades to reveal more awesome detail.

A front and back view shot:

Revoltech really got my attention because of how awesome they make their figures. That's why I couldn't resist picking this up. My next target will either be Vash the Stampede or Evangelion Unit-01 movie version.

Close up on the accessories:

Here's the set of accessories you will get. A few dynamic posing hands, 2 spike for when you remove the drills on the shoulders, the Gurren Boomerang (space version) and the drill connector.

Time for some awesomely awesome posing:


"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!"


Who would've thought that a pair of shades can be used as a boomerang cutter.


The Drill within a drill combination. I wish they made the drills a bit larger XD 

A size comparison with my HG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. G30th:


The Gurren Lagann is taller but we all know that the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann is lightyears taller than a gundam XD


Conclusion:

Articulation: 10/10 - That's what revoltech is known for. Awesome articulation thus more awesome posing. Since this is my first revoltech, I'm pretty much scared to move it around. Most of the parts are stiff which made me even more cautious because I might break something XD Very wide range of movements. I can't wait to get an Evangelion unit - 01. I wanna see how articulated that thing is.

Parts: 10/10 The parts are well constructed, I don't see any issues although the Drills are something hard to remove due to stiffness. The drills are also damn sharp XD I got punctured while removing one of the drills. Trust me.... they're damn sharp. You can disassemble him if you like hahaha!! I really applaud revoltech for this kind of engineering.

Accessories: 9/10 - Can't complain much. My only gripe is the drill size XD I wish they inluded a bigger version just to make it more awesome XD Trust me, a lot of people would want a bigger drill. (that sounds wrong hahaha)

Detail: 10/10 - It's looks like it should. It's like the Gurren Lagann came out of the TV. All the details are well done, even the tiniest nooks and crannies are well painted especially the face. 

Verdict: 10/10 - If you love the anime, this is a must buy. You won't regret it, having something this awesome standing in your desk. It really stands out.

There you have it. If you don't have it and you wan't something that's totally awesome.... GET THIS NOW!! hahaha!! I wish they would make a Kamina figure, I would totally buy that.





No comments:

Post a Comment